This video was the one shown at the 2015 World Championships at Theewaters Sports Club, South Africa.
To enter one or more boats for the 2017 Gul British Mirror Nationals and/or the Gul Mirror Worlds, please use the following procedure. Note that by entering a boat, you are entering into a legal contract with the Organising Authority. Thus, the person entering the boat needs to be an adult. No problem for the sailors to be children, it's just the person who enters into the contract has to be an adult.
1) Read the Notice of Race (opens a new window). It's a condition of entry that you state that you have read this document.
2) Browse to Restronguet Sailing Club's WebCollect site (opens a new window). If you already have a WebCollect account (some other clubs & societies use WebCollect), then sign in. If not, you need to sign up for an account by filling in the boxes on the right and following further instructions.
3) Browse to the event option you want to enter either by browsing 'Upcoming Restronguet events' or 'Open events' or clicking the links below. The options are:
- Enter both Gul British Nationals & Mirror Worlds
- Enter Gul British Nationals only
- Enter Gul Mirror Worlds only
4) Click the 'Add to basket >' button.
5) If you want to enter a second boat, you need to select the event option you want the second boat to enter. If it's the same event option, just click the 'Add to basket' button again. If it's a different event option (for example one boat is only doing the Nationals, the other boat is doing the Nationals & the Worlds) click the 'Open Events' link at the top of the page and select the event option you want the second boat to enter. Repeat this step to add more entries.
6) Once you have all the entries you need in your basket, you need to start the 'Checkout' process by pressing the checkout button.
7) Confirm your account details (don't ask me why it does this).
8) The entry form will open. We are using the same form for all the event options, but at the top it shows you the event option name (in red), so if you have entered two different event options, you will know which option the form is applying to. Fill it in for the boat you want to enter and press the 'Save >' button. Note that it is possible to update the entry form (e.g. change the sail number) after you have entered, see step 14 below.
9) If you have two or more entries, when you save the first entry form, the second one appears. Fill it in as per 8) above.
10) When the final entry form has been saved, you will be taken to the Order Confirmation page. At this point you can see all the entry options you are about to purchase in your basket with links to remove any of them, or update the entry form for each one. You choose a method to pay. The 'Online Direct Debit' means using GoCardless (Overseas sailors need to check if this facility is available in their country). The alternative is PayPal which is probably the best bet for Overseas sailors. Press the 'Enter Payment >' button to pay.
11) You can sign out of Webcollect if you have finished.
12) You will receive a confirmation e-mail from WebCollect listing your purchase(s).
13) If you have children under the age of 18 sailing in the event, you will need to download a parent/guardian form for each child, fill it in, and bring it with you to Registration.
14) If you need to update some fields on your entry form, you can go back to Webcollect and edit your entry form as follows:
All timings are British Summer Time (BST)
Local accommodation is available from camping to holiday cottages, some within 300 yards of the Club (book early to avoid disappointment), or Hotels are available in Falmouth (20 mins drive from the Club) or Truro (30 mins drive from the Club).
MAKE THIS YOUR 2017 SUMMER (OR WINTER for those in the Southern Hemisphere) HOLIDAY EVENT
Please note that Restronguet Sailing Club is situated at Mylor Harbour, postcode TR11 5UF. This is more than a mile from the hamlet of Restronguet, on the banks of Restronguet Creek where there is a great pub, the Pandora Inn.
If you require further information, please contact the Restronguet SC event organiser, Martin Egan.
Other useful contact information: